Preparing for Surgery: Going Home Day of Surgery Instructions
The time that you will be discharged from the Hospital following your surgery depends on a variety of factors, including the length of your surgery, your physician's orders and your individual recovery time. Below are some suggestions that should be taken into consideration before going home following your surgery.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home following your surgery. A taxi may be used if you are accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Plan to have a responsible adult stay with you for at least 24 hours after surgery.
- You will receive written instructions for your home care after surgery.
- A nurse will follow up with you in the days following your surgery to check on your condition and answer any questions you may have. Please be sure to provide us with a phone number where you may be reached.
- If you have any questions following your surgery, please call 331-221-1170 to speak with a PreOp-Recovery nurse.