Visitor Information & Hours
Elmhurst Memorial Hospital believes that family and friends are important to your comfort, healing and recovery. In order to facilitate this support, our patients' families are welcome to visit at any time.
General Visiting Information – Main Campus
Visitor preferences are directed by each patient. Special consideration is needed in some areas to protect the safety of our patients and guests. Visitors should check with the patient’s nurse for special restrictions.
- Family members and guests who are not completely healthy or have been exposed to a communicable disease should postpone visiting until symptoms subside.
- Children who are at least six years old and do not show signs or symptoms of illness may visit when in the supervision of a responsible adult. Younger children may visit when arrangements are made with the nursing staff and the patient prior to the visit.
- Visiting is limited to the patient's room, but guests are welcome to use the hospital amenities such as the cafeteria, family lounges/kitchens, gardens and outdoor walking path. Each private patient suite includes a family sleeper sofa, restrooms with walk-in showers and 42" flat-screen televisions.
Visitor Services – Main Campus
- Family lounges/kitchens
- Spiritual center/chapel
- Wildflower Cafe
- Wild Rose Floral & Gif Shop
- Falling Water: a boutique for the mind, body & spirit
- Vending machines
- WiFi access throughout the campus
- 1 1/2--mile walking path around the campus
- Comfortable outdoor seating areas
Specific Visiting Hours and Information for Various Units
Pediatric Unit (Main Campus)
Parents or legal guardians are welcome to stay overnight with the child.
Family Birthing Center (Main Campus)
Siblings are allowed to visit under the supervision of an adult, other than the patient, after a health screening has been completed on the unit.