Family Birthing Center
Use this checklist to make sure that you’re as ready as possible before you deliver.
- We encourage you to preregister for your hospital stay so that you can more quickly settle into your private birthing suite when you arrive.
- If you haven’t preregistered, bring along your driver’s license or another form of photo ID and your medical insurance card.
- If you have a birthing plan, bring that too.
- Have a favorite pillow? Music you want to hear during labor? A special photo to set on your bedstand? Bring a few comfort items along, so you can make your stay even more enjoyable.
- Bring a warm pair of socks in case your feet get chilly when it’s time to push.
- Encourage your spouse or partner to pack an overnight bag and a change of clothes.
- Bring the contact information of those with whom you’d like to share your good news.
- We offer a refrigerator and microwave for your use, so consider packing some snacks or easy-to-prepare meals. (Coffee is always available.)
- Don’t forget your camera to capture moments before and after the delivery. We offer Wi-Fi, so you can stay connected virtually with your friends and family.
Clothes and Toiletries
Pack your favorite things, including:
- Pajamas or loungewear for after the birth
- A robe and slippers
- An outfit to wear home (keeping in mind that many women leave the Hospital wearing maternity clothes because it usually takes some time to return to one’s prepregnancy shape)
- At least one nursing bra
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and personal items, such as deodorant and cosmetics (We will provide soap, shampoo and sanitary pads, but you may certainly bring your own if you prefer.)
- A going-home outfit
- Baby hat and blanket
- A properly installed car seat
- A few diapers and wipes in case you need them during the trip home