Family Birthing Center
There’s much you can do to stay healthy during your pregnancy.
- Start by eating five or six small, well-balanced meals and drinking eight to 10 glasses of fluid each day, preferably water and nutritious, low-fat, low-calorie beverages.
- Take your daily prenatal vitamin as directed by your obstetrician or midwife.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep.
- Remember to exercise, like walking 15 to 20 minutes a day, which is great for your overall health and helps reduce stress.
- Take care of your feet. Wear comfortable shoes, and put your feet up throughout the day to help reduce swelling.
- Always wear your seatbelt. Position the shoulder portion over your collarbone and the lap portion under your abdomen.
- Contact your obstetrician or midwife before you take any over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies.