Family Birthing Center
Scope of Services
Ten Amazing Things about the Family Birthing Center
- Your private birthing suite. Soft colors, curved walls and spacious views set the scene. Each suite is designed with three zones — caregiver, patient and family — to help you feel most comfortable.
- Homelike amenities. Comfy fold-out couches, walk-in showers, toiletries, a blow dryer, flat-screen televisions and Wi-Fi technology provide the amenities of home.
- Innovative technology. Each suite is furnished with the latest technology to ensure that everything is just a touch away for you and your baby.
- Whirlpool tubs. Two of our suites feature whirlpool tubs for women who want water therapy and wish to experience a birth using alternative comfort measures.
- A family kitchen. Your family members can make themselves right at home by using our fridge and microwave whenever they want.
- A private entrance. Arrive and depart from the Family Birthing Center through a special entrance without needing to find your way through the Hospital.
- A dedicated care team. Your team accommodates your wishes and focuses on making your experience restorative and memorable.
- Birthing choices. From a natural childbirth to a water birth to an epidural or a C-Section, we recognize that no two births are exactly alike and that the choice is between you and your physician or midwife.
- Specialized care. If your newborn requires special attention, our Special Care Nursery and staff are ready to care for you in your baby’s private room, equipped with a fold-out couch for your comfort. We encourage you to participate in your infant’s care while your baby is being cared for by specially trained nurses and physicians.
- Warm cookies! We bake them every night to enhance the feeling of home.