Immediate Care Centers
When to Visit the Immediate Care Centers
Sometimes the unexpected happens. When it does, it’s good to know that our Immediate Care Centers are close to home. Count on us to treat injuries and illnesses that require immediate attention but aren’t emergencies — usually in one hour or less. Our Immediate Care Centers are located within the Elmhurst Memorial Addison and Lombard Health Centers. Patients are registered and treated in comfortable, private rooms by specially trained nurses and board-certified emergency physicians.
The Immediate Care Centers are walk-in clinics, which means there is no appointment necessary. We encourage you to follow-up with your primary care physician after your Immediate Care visit. Need a physician? Call CareMatch at (331)221-CARE or click here to find a doctor.
Typical illnesses and injuries that can be treated at our Immediate Care Centers include:
- Sore throats, earaches and sinus infections
- Colds and flu
- Low-grade fever
- Minor skin rashes and allergies
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Minor back, joint or muscle pain
- Minor cuts, burns and abrasions
- Any other minor, but urgent, medical problem
If any of the following symptoms are present, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Department:
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
- Alteration in level of consciousness or mental status/behavior
- Severe allergic reaction that includes hives or throat swelling
- Profuse bleeding
- Inability to eat or drink
- Pain that cannot be controlled by over-the-counter medications, ice, etc.
- Any other life-threatening medical condition