Home Health and Hospice:Home Specialty Programs
Elmhurst Memorial Home Health provides a complete range of services for patients of all ages, from all walks of life, with all types of medical needs. Our interdisciplinary team is available to provide quality, streamlined care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our services include:
- Skilled nursing care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Infusion services
- Pain management
- Cancer care
Designed for patients with cardiac-related conditions, we provide daily monitoring of vital signs in your home to assist you in making lifestyle changes that result in positive outcomes and improved quality of life.
Wound Care Program
Our expert wound care nurse is committed to customizing your wound care needs to enhance your care and treatment. The wound care specialist collaborates with an interdisciplinary team of medical professionals, including your physician, to:
- Encourage patient/family-focused solutions
- Facilitate an effective and/or preventative approach to the tremendous personal cost of skin breakdown
- Provide treatment options that will promote rapid healing
Joint Replacement Program
We offer a comprehensive program to assist you in achieving the best outcomes from joint replacement surgery. Education and training begin with a pre-surgical assessment by a physical therapist in your home to provide information on:
- What to expect during your hospital stay and upon returning home
- Post-operative education regarding wound care, medication, pain control and precautions
- How to prepare your home for optimal rehabilitation
- Post-operative exercise program and equipment training
Following your procedure, our home health clinicians will come back to your home to provide:
- Nursing and therapy services in your home following surgery
- Post-surgical care per your physician orders and efficient progress reports
Pre-Surgical Joint Replacement Visits
Patients planning to undergo hip or knee replacement surgery can reduce their fears and anxiety by receiving one-on-one education in their homes from a physical therapist who helps them prepare for surgery and make plans for post-operative care. Beyond ensuring home safety, the pre-surgical joint replacement visit identifies many other issues, including medical equipment needs and post-operative exercises to speed recovery.
A physician’s order or referral is required to purchase this assessment because it includes a patient assessment in addition to an assessment of the home environment before surgery.
Assessments can be purchased for a small fee by calling 331-221-5400.
This program is uniquely offered by our home health agency. Our specialized care team is led by a Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse who can appropriately manage symptoms that often accompany terminal conditions. The nurse works closely with the Home Care team, physician and family members to deliver optimal care to terminally ill patients while they continue to receive aggressive treatment for their illness.